This program allows a user with write permission to a CRSPAccess database to change database information fields. The fields that can be modified are data cut date, binary type, CRSPAccess version, product code, product name, and data version. It takes a parameter of the database location and a list of parameters for the other information fields.
crsp_set_db_info inpath cutdate bintype version prodcode prodname data_version
- Input CRSPDB directory path. The directory where the database is stored. Standard environment names can be used such as $CRSP_DSTK or $CRSP_MSTK on UNIX, %crsp_dstk% or %crsp_mstk% on Windows.
- 25-character string used to store the last date of updated data in the database. Can be KEEP to leave the current value.
- 1-character string indicating type. Only the first character of the parameter is loaded. It is set to B for IEEE Big-endian and L for IEEE little-endian numeric fields. KEEP can be used to leave the current value.
- 19-character string initially loaded with the version of the CRSPAccess library used to create the database. KEEP can be used to leave the current value.
- 11-character string with a short name of the database. KEEP can be used to leave the current value.
- 47-character string with a description of the database. KEEP can be used to leave the current value.
- Integer number containing the version of the data in the database. KEEP can be used to leave the current value intact. +1 can be used to increment the current value.
This command will change the database name and description for a personal database created with the stk_partial utility in the C:\mydata\ directory.
crsp_set_db_info c:\mydata\ KEEP KEEP KEEP SAMP1 "Subset database" KEEP