CCM: The CRSP/COMPUSTAT Merged Database
The CRSP/Compustat Merged Database provides CRSP and Compustat subscribers the ability to access CRSP’s stock data and Compustat’s Xpressfeed fundamental data within a single linked database. The CRSPLink® maps complex relationships over time between CRSP and Compustat company and security permanent identifiers. The level of accuracy is superior to that found when linking by other methods, such as by CUSIP* or Ticker.
KEY FEATURES INCLUDE:
Comprehensive data: The database provides the historical matching of CRSP market and corporate action data with Compustat fundamental data.
- CRSP data contains security level historical descriptive information and market data on more than 27,000 stocks (inactive and active companies) from the NYSE, Amex, NASDAQ, and Arca exchanges.
- Compustat data contains thousands of annual and quarterly income statement, balance sheet, cash flow, pension, supplemental, and descriptive data items for active and inactive companies.
- Reference data items include economic indicators and daily and monthly exchange rate history.
Easy access: The linked CCM database allows access of CRSP and Compustat data from a single tool in a common output format.
Maximized data access: The CCM database may be accessed through either CRSP or Compustat identifiers, allowing users access to all securities in both databases, including those that are linked.
- PERMNO® accesses CRSP securities not covered by Compustat.
- GVKEY® accesses Compustat Securities not covered by Compustat.
- Linked securities can be accessed by either set of identifiers.
Delivery and Format Options:
- Database is delivered on DVD
- Shipped monthly, quarterly, or annually
- Supported on Windows, Linux, and Sun Solaris platforms
- Database is in the proprietary CRSPAccess® format
- CRSPSift Interface for Windows
- CRSPAccess Utilities (include programming libraries for C and Fortran)
- Third party access is provided via the WRDS (Wharton Research Data Services) platform (for academic and government subscribers only) and the SASECRSP engine built by the SAS Institute
To subscribe to the CRSP/Compustat Merged Database (CCM), you must subscribe to a CRSP US Stock Database and to the Full North American Compustat subscription.
For more information on a Full North American Compustat subscription, call your Standard & Poor’s representative at 800-357-0769 or visit www.compustat.com.
For additional information on the CRSP/Compustat Merged Database, please contact subscriptions@crsp.ChicagoBooth.edu or call Subscriptions at 312-263-6400.
* CUSIP is a registered trademark of American Bankers Association